Ah, avocado toast. Delicious for breakfast, lunch, or a snack. Whether you slice your avocados or mash them, you really can't go wrong. But there is one seasoning that will take it from yummy to the Best Vegan Avocado Toast - everything bagel seasoning blend.
Avocado Toast Seasoning
Trader Joe's is one of my absolute favorite places to shop as they have a lot of amazing vegan options. But this Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend is one of my favorite items. It is delicious on anything - rice dishes, veggies, and of course, avocado toast.
But what if you don't have a Trader Joe's near you? No worries - there are a ton of recipes online to make your own. Minimalist Baker has a great recipe for Everything Bagel Seasoning.
How to Make Avocado Toast
Sure you can just toast some bread and put some avocado on top but avocado toast can be so much more.
To begin, heat the vegan butter in large skillet over medium heat. I use Earth Balance vegan butter. Add the bread to the melted butter, then flip over right away. You want to be able to get the melted butter on both sides of the bread.
Cook bread for 5 minutes or until browned. Flip the bread over and continue to cook for 3 more minutes.
Remove the bread from the pan and place on a plate. Add mashed avocado to the toasted bread. Sprinkle desired amount of everything seasoning on top and enjoy!
Can I make this spicy?
Sure. Add some hot sauce on top. I recommend Frank's Red Hot.
What's the best bread for avocado toast?
Any kind you like. There is no "wrong" bread. Aside from sourdough, I love a hearty bread full of grains.
Visit your local Trader Joe's or mix up a batch of Everything Bagel Seasoning and bring your avocado toast to the next level. Avocado toast is great for breakfast, lunch or snack. Adding Everything Seasoning adds a ton of flavor to an already delicious meal.
Looking for more vegan recipes? Check out:
- Easy Vegan Drop Biscuits With Herbs
- Tasty Vegan Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Easy Vegan Banana Bread With Pears
The Best Vegan Avocado Toast
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 large slice of sourdough bread, or something similar
- ½ ripe avocado, mashed
- everything bagel seasoning Trader Joe's or homemade
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add bread to melted butter, then flip over.
- Cook bread for 5 min. or until browned
- Flip bread over and continue to cook for 3 more min.
- Remove from pan.
- Add mashed avocado to toasted bread.
- Sprinkle desired amount of everything seasoning on top and enjoy!
- Mash your avocado to your desired consistency. I prefer chunky over smooth.
- I use Trader Joe's Everything but the Bagel Sesame seasoning, but you can make your own. There are plenty of DIY recipes for it online.