Perfect Avocado Toast
Ah, avocado toast. Delicious for breakfast, lunch, or a snack. Whether you slice your avocados or mash them, you really can't go wrong. In the mood for something spicy? Add some hot sauce on top of it. But there is one seasoning that will take it from yummy to perfect avocado toast.
Trader Joe's is one of my absolute favorite places to shop as they have a lot of amazing vegan options. But this Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend is one of my favorite items. It is delicious on anything - rice dishes, veggies, and of course, avocado toast. But what if you don't have a Trader Joe's near you? No worries - there are a ton of recipes online to make your own. Minimalist Baker has a great recipe for Everything Bagel Seasoning.
How to Make the Recipe
Sure you can just toast some bread and put some avocado on top but avocado toast can be so much more.
To begin, heat the vegan butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add the bread to the melted butter, then flip over right away. You want to be able to get the melted butter on both sides of the bread. Cook bread for 5 minutes or until browned. Flip the bread over and continue to cook for 3 more minutes.
Remove the bread from the pan and place on a plate. Add mashed avocado to the toasted bread. Sprinkle desired amount of everything seasoning on top and enjoy!
So visit your local Trader Joe's or mix up a batch of Everything Bagel Seasoning and bring you avocado toast to the next level.
Perfect Avocado Toast
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 large slice of sourdough bread, or something similar
- ½ ripe avocado, mashed
- everything bagel seasoning Trader Joe's or homemade
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add bread to melted butter, then flip over.
- Cook bread for 5 min. or until browned
- Flip bread over and continue to cook for 3 more min.
- Remove from pan.
- Add mashed avocado to toasted bread.
- Sprinkle desired amount of everything seasoning on top and enjoy!
- Mash your avocado to your desired consistency. I prefer chunky over smooth.
- I use Trader Joe's Everything but the Bagel Sesame seasoning, but you can make your own. There are plenty of DIY recipes for it online.