This Sweet Mustard Dip For Pretzels is made without honey and is vegan-friendly. It's sweetened with maple syrup and flavored with a touch of cinnamon. This simple recipe takes less than 5 minutes to make. It's a delicious sauce for both soft and crunchy pretzels.
You only need 3 ingredients to make this sweet and tangy dip.
- Whole grain mustard - It needs to be whole grain. Regular mustard won't work well in this recipe. I use Maille Whole Grain Mustard.
- Maple syrup
This is an incredibly easy recipe. The best part is that there's only 1 step.
1. Combine the whole grain mustard, maple syrup and the cinnamon and stir well.
The recipe calls for two tablespoons of maple syrup. But if you like a sweeter dip then you can add some more.
Since this recipe uses whole grain mustard, it isn't a very smooth sauce. But I actually like the texture that the mustard seeds give it.
Sure, I make this dip for pretzels. But there are a lot of other things that this would taste great with.
- On top of a juicy burger (vegan)
- As a dip for vegan chicken tenders
- As a salad dressing
- As a dip for homemade French fries
- On top of vegan hot dogs
Or anything else you want to try it on!
For best results, store this dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Yellow mustard will not work in this recipe.
I haven't tried it, but adding a little bit of vegan mayo will make it into a creamy dipping sauce.
This is often up for debate. Some vegans think it's fine to eat local raw honey for the health benefits and others 100% stay away from it. This is a personal choice.
Snack Time Recipes
Did you know that rating and commenting on recipes is one of the best ways to support your favorite food bloggers? If you try the recipe, please click the star rating on the recipe card and add a comment below. Thanks!
Sweet Mustard Dip For Pretzels (No Honey)
- ½ cup whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix the ingredients together in a small bowl and serve.
- Store any leftover mustard dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
- I use Maille Whole Grain Mustard.
- Small bowl