We have a new favorite cookie in the house! These Vegan Cranberry Almond Cookies are sweet, tart and melt in your mouth. Plus, the kitchen smells amazing as they cook. I'm lucky I was able to get a photo of the finished cookies since we couldn't stop eating them.
I was really in the mood for a cookie with almond extract. But I wanted to add something to it to have some more flavor and texture. I decided to give Craisins a try and see how they work out. It was a perfect match!
How to Make the Recipe
These cookies come together really easily. Using a stand mixer (or a hand mixer), beat together the sugar and the softened butter until creamy. If you can find it, use the vegan butter sticks. I use Earth Balance brand. There is a higher water content in the tub than in the sticks. Then add the almond milk, cornstarch and almond extract and mix well. If you don't have almond milk, you can use any non-dairy milk. I have used soy milk and they turn out great.
Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix until well combined. The dough will be fairly stiff. Mix in the Craisins. Drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheet. These cookies don't spread much so you don't need to worry about them running into each other.
Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes or so. Let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for about 3 minutes before moving them to a wire rack. Cook completely and enjoy! If you try them, leave a comment below.
Vegan Cranberry Almond Cookies
- ¾ cup vegan butter, softened
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoon almond milk, or any non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Craisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, cream the butter and the sugar together.
- Add the milk, cornstarch and the almond extract and mix for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix until well combined. The dough will be stiff.
- Stir in the craisins.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes.
- Let cookies rest on the cookie sheet for 3 min. Remove to wire rack to cook completely.