As it's a sports bar that serves chicken wings, burgers, sandwiches and other typical bar food, there aren't a lot of vegan options at Buffalo Wild Wings. They have a large selection of signature sauces but unfortunately, there are not many vegan items at this restaurant chain. But what are the vegan options at Buffalo Wild Wings? Read on to find out what's vegan on the Buffalo Wild Wings menu.
Fried Food Alert
Unfortunately, Buffalo Wild Wings fries their food in beef shortening. Many of the fried foods and sides that could be vegan, such as French fries, are not. This greatly reduces the vegan options. If this were to change and they started frying their food in vegetable shortening, there would be a lot more vegan food options.
There are two possible vegan appetizers as long as you order them with modifications.
- Everything Pretzel Knots - no beer cheese or honey mustard. You can ask for one of the vegan-friendly sauces or condiments listed below.
- Asian Zing Cauliflower Wings - you need to request that these be baked and NOT FRIED. If your location can't bake them, then they will be fried in beef fat. Also, order these with no ranch.
Below are the vegan sauces.
- Asian Zing Sauce
- Blazin' Carolina Reaper Sauce
- Caribbean Jerk Sauce
- Hot Sauce
- Jammin' Jalapeno Sauce
- Mango Habanero Sauce
- Nashville Hot Sauce
- Sweet BBQ Sauce
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Wild Sauce
Burgers & Toppings
Unfortunately, they do not have an Impossible Burger or a Beyond Burger. The one vegan option is their Southwestern Black Bean Burger with some modifications.
- Southwestern Black Bean Burger - Order this with no cheese or ranch to make this a vegan option. You also need to substitute the fries for another side as they are fried in beef shortening. But the black bean patty itself doesn't not contain any animal ingredients.
- Sauteed White Onions
There are only two possible sides.
- Carrot and Celery Sticks - ask for no Ranch dressing
- Garden Salad with Vidalia Onion Vinaigrette - Order this salad with no cheese or croutons
There is only one salad dressing without animal products.
- Vidalia Onion Vinaigrette
Vegan Kids Sides
There are no kids meals without animal products. There are, however, two sides.
- Carrot Sticks
- Mandarin Oranges
- All desserts contain dairy products and are not vegan.
Breakfast (At some locations)
- All breakfast items contain dairy, egg, and meat and are fried in beef fat.
- Chipotle BBQ Seasoning
- Desert Heat Seasoning
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Salt and Vinegar Seasoning
- Black Cherry Limeade
- Passion Fruit Nojito
- Red Bull Watermelon Punch
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Diet Pepsi
- Dr. Pepper
- Mountain Dew
- Mountain Dew Legend
- Mug Root Beer
- Sierra Mist
- Tropicana Lemonade
- Tropicana Pink Lemonade
- Fresh Brewed Lipton Unsweetened Iced Tea
- Sweet Tea
- Lipton Brisk Iced Tea
- While they don't have any vegan wrap options, with modifications and requests you can make your own. Order the classic chicken wrap with no chicken or cheese. It comes with shredded iceberg lettuce and tomatoes. You can ask for a vegan sauce, sauteed onions and guacamole to be added to it. It's not a great option, but in a pinch it will work.
Are Buffalo Wild Wings fries vegan?
No. Their French fries are fried in beef fat and are not vegan.
The tortilla chips and salsa are safe, right?
Unfortunately, no. The chips are fried in beef shortening like all of their fried foods.
Do they have any vegan wings?
Unfortunately no. Since they have a lot of vegan sauces, it would be great if they had some plant-based wings or tenders to go with them.
When did the first restaurant open?
The first location was opened in 1982 under the name Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck.
Is their veggie burger vegan?
Yes, the Southwest Black Bean Burger patty itself is vegan. This is a recent change as their old one used to contain milk and egg. You do need to order it with no cheese or ranch.
Buffalo Wild Wings may be a great place for sports fans, but not for those following a vegan diet. This biggest problem is that they fry their food in animal fat. If you are at Buffalo Wild Wings, your best bet would be to order the Southwestern Black Bean Burger without cheese or ranch and to substitute the French fries for a garden side salad without cheese or croutons.
There really aren't many options besides the bean burger. Hopefully in the future they will stop using beef shortening in their fryer and have a few more vegan options like plant-based meat.
Wondering what's vegan at other chain restaurants? Check out: