Are there any vegan options at Domino's Pizza? You might be happy to know that if you are at the popular pizza restaurant chain, there is some vegan food for you to eat. However, several of the pizza crust varieties contain dairy and they currently do not have any non-dairy cheese or plant-based meat. So what are Domino's vegan options? Read on for all of your choices.
All ingredients, nutritional and allergen information can be found on Domino's website.
Vegan Menu Items
Vegan-Friendly Pizza Crusts
Surprisingly, the majority of their pizza crusts contain non-vegan ingredients, specifically whey. However, there is one pizza crust that is dairy-free.
- Thin Crust Ingredients: Flour (Wheat, Malted Barley), Water, Soybean Oil, Salt, Calcium Propionate (Preservative), Dextrose, Leavening (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Calcium Lactate), Corn Starch, Yeast, L-Cysteine Monohydrochloride (Dough Conditioner).
There are lots of toppings to choose from!
- banana peppers
- black olives
- corn meal
- crushed red pepper packets
- garlic and herb shake-on
- green chili pepper
- green peppers
- green olives
- jalapeno peppers
- oregano blend shake-on
- roasted red peppers
There are a fair amount of sauces made without animal products although most of them are dipping sauces. The good news is that their tomato-based pizza sauce is vegan. One thing to note is that their Butter Flavored Oil does not contain any dairy. The ingredients are listed below.
- Butter Flavored Oil Ingredients: Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Salt, Sunflower Lecithin, Natural Flavor, Beta Carotene (Color), Annatto Extract (Color), Turmeric Oleoresin (Color)
- Garlic Dipping Sauce
- Hot Buffalo Dipping Cup
- Marinara Dipping Sauce
- Pizza Sauce
- Sweet Mango Habanero Dipping Cup
- Sweet Mango Habanero Sauce
- Wing Sauce- Hot Buffalo
- Wing Sauce - Mild
With modifications, there is one salad that can be vegan-friendly.
- Classic Garden Salad - Order with no cheese or croutons
There are several different salad dressings that only contain plant-based ingredients.
- Kraft Catalina Dressing Ingredients: Sugar, Tomato Puree (Water, Tomato Paste), Vinegar, Soybean Oil, Water, Salt, Contains Less Than 2% of Modified Food Starch, Phosphoric Acid, Dried Onions, Xanthan Gum, Guar Gum, Dried Garlic, Red 40, Blue 1, Potassium Sorbate, Calcium Disodium EDTA (To Protect Flavor)
- Ken's Golden Italian Dressing Ingredients: Soybean Oil, Vinegar, Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Salt, Contains less than 2% of: Garlic*, Xanthan Gum, Onion*, Red Bell Pepper*, Spice, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Natural Flavor, Beta Carotene and Oleoresin Paprika (color)
- Ken's Lite Balsamic With Olive Oil Vinaigrette Ingredients: Water, Distilled Vinegar, Balsamic Vinegar, Olive Oil, Vegetable Oil (Soybean and/or Canola), Sugar, Salt, Contains less than 2% of: Garlic, Spice, Rice Starch, Xanthan Gum, Red Bell Pepper, Onion
- Marzetti Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients: Water, Soybean Oil, Balsamic Vinegar (Contains Sulfites), Sugar, Red Wine Vinegar, Salt, Dehydrated Garlic, Spice, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Xanthan Gum, Calcium Disodium EDTA Added to Protect Flavor
- Marzetti Golden Italian Ingredients: Water, Soybean Oil, Distilled Vinegar, Sugar, Salt, Dehydrated Garlic, Dehydrated Onion, Dehydrated Bell Pepper, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Xanthan Gum, Garlic Juice, Propylene Glycol Alginate, Potassium Sorbate and Sodium Benzoate Added as Preservatives, Spice, Natural Flavor, Annatto Color, Calcium Disodium EDTA Added to Protect Flavor
There is one sandwich option that can fit in with a vegan diet with modifications.
- Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich - order without the Feta, Provolone, or American cheeses. This sandwich comes with onions, diced tomatoes, roasted red peppers, hot banana peppers and butter flavored oil. Feel free to order one of the vegan dipping sauces to go with it.
The good news is that the penne pasta is vegan. The bad news is that the hearty marinara sauce contains dairy. You could order the pasta with pizza sauce instead.
- Penne Pasta
NON-Vegan Pizza Crusts
Unfortunately, most of Domino's pizza crusts contain animal ingredients. Check out the ingredients lists below. All non-vegan ingredients are in bold.
- Brooklyn Crust Ingredients: Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Soybean Oil, Contains 2% or Less of The Following: Sugar, Salt, Whey, Maltodextrin, Dextrose, Dough Conditioners (Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Enzyme with Wheat Starch, Ascorbic Acid, L-Cysteine Monohydrochloride), Yeast.
- Gluten-Free Crust Ingredients: Rice Flour, Water, Potato Starch, Rice Starch, Modified Rice Starch, Potato Flour, Tapioca Starch, Cane Sugar, Yeast, Contains Less Than 2% of the following: Honey, Canola Oil, Salt, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Calcium Propionate (Preservative), Cellulose Gel, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum.
- Handmade Pan Crust Ingredients: Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Palm Oil, Contains 2% or Less of The Following: Soybean Oil, Sugar, Salt, Whey, Natural Butter Flavor, Soy Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Dextrose, Dough Conditioners (Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Enzyme with Wheat Starch, Ascorbic Acid, L-Cysteine Monohydrochloride), Yeast.
- Hand Tossed Crust Ingredients: Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Soybean Oil, Contains 2% or Less of The Following: Sugar, Salt, Whey, Maltodextrin, Dextrose, Dough Conditioners (Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Enzyme with Wheat Starch, Ascorbic Acid, L-Cysteine Monohydrochloride), Yeast.
Sadly, their marinara sauce is not vegan.
- Hearty Marinara Sauce Ingredients: Tomatoes, Tomato Puree (Water, Tomato Paste), Onions, Sugar, Romano and Parmesan Cheese (Cultured Milk, Salt, Enzymes),Carrot Puree, Salt, Celery Puree, Garlic, Spices, Butter, Olive Oil, Citric Acid, Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavor, and Xanthan Gum.
What to Order
I wouldn't search out a Domino's Pizza to eat at. But if I found myself at one I would order the Build Your Own Pizza with a salad on the side. As the majority of the pizza crusts contain dairy, I would order the following:
- Crunchy Thin Crust with pizza sauce and all the fresh vegetable toppings you like including fresh baby spinach, banana peppers, mushrooms, onions and roasted red peppers
- Classic Garden Salad with no cheese or croutons with Marzetti Balsamic Vinaigrette
Domino's in Australia
I never understand why restaurant chains have vegan options in other countries around the world but not in the United States. For example, in Australia there are a bunch of vegan items including:
- Vegan Margherita Pizza
- Vegan Spicy Veg Supreme Pizza
- Vegan Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Impossible Burger Patties
Domino's needs to step up and give vegans in the US more options like they have in other countries.
Does Domino's have a vegan cheese option?
Unfortunately, Domino's does not have any dairy-free cheese at this time.
Does Domino's have any plant-based meats?
No, Domino's does not have any vegan meats. Hopefully in the future there will be some vegan pepperoni or sausage.
Is Domino's gluten free crust vegan?
No. While their gluten free crust does not contain any dairy, it does contain honey. Most vegans consider honey to be a non-vegan ingredient.
Are Domino's breadsticks vegan?
No, their breadsticks are not vegan. They contain dairy.
Does Domino's have a vegan bbq sauce?
Unfortunately, they changed their barbecue sauce to Honey BBQ so it is no longer vegan-friendly.
There are a few plant-based options on Domino's menu but definitely not a lot of great choices. As they currently do not have any dairy-free cheese, your best bet for pizza is ordering a Build Your Own vegan pizza with pizza sauce and vegetable toppings.
You could also get the penne pasta but the only vegan sauce is their pizza sauce. Major pizza chains around the country are starting to include more vegan options and hopefully Domino's will as well.
Wondering what the vegan options are at other restaurant chains? Check out: