Are there vegan options at Panera? The good news is that there are many plant-based options at Panera that can make a delicious meal. From salads and sandwiches to bowls and bagels, there are plenty of menu items that fit in with the vegan lifestyle. Read on to find out every vegan option at Panera.
All ingredients, allergen and nutritional information can be found on Panera's website.
Vegan Bread Options
There are several different kinds of bread that contain vegan ingredients. One surprised is that the Tomato Basil bread is NOT vegan as it contains honey.
- Country Rustic Sourdough
- Artisan Ciabatta
- French Baguette
- Classic Sourdough
- Sourdough Bread Bowl
- Black Pepper Focaccia
- Whole Grain Lahvash Wrap
- White Whole Grain
There is only one vegan sandwich as long as you make some modifications including the bread - the Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich. Unfortunately, the Tomato Basil bread contains honey.
- Mediterranean Veggie on Tomato Basil - Order without the feta cheese and switch to a different bread like sourdough. Contains cucumbers, red onions, hummus, emerald greens, and peppadew peppers.
- As of now, there are no vegan soups. Ten Vegetable Soup was the vegan option but it is no longer on the Panera website. Hopefully it will return!
There are several delicious salads as long as you order with modifications as all of them contain either chicken, cheese or both.
- Asian Sesame Salad - Order without the chicken. Contains fresh cilantro, toasted almonds, sesame seeds, wonton strips and Asian sesame vinaigrette.
- Citrus Asian Crunch Salad - Order without the chicken. Contains chopped broccoli, green cabbage, carrots, kale, edamame, pickled red onions, fresh cilantro, and crispy carrots in tangerine soy ginger dressing with a teriyaki drizzle.
- Fuji Apple Salad - Order without chicken and gorgonzola cheese. Contains red onions, pecans, apple chips, red grape tomatoes and white balsamic apple vinaigrette
- Greek Salad - Order without the feta cheese. Contains Kalamata olives, grape tomatoes, red onions, pepperoncini peppers and Greek dressing.
Dressings and Sauces
There are lots of salad dressings that are free of animal products as well as some sauces. These include:
- Greek Dressing
- Asian Sesame Dressing
- White Balsamic Apple Flavored
- Apple Cider BBQ Sauce
- Spicy Mustard
- Salsa Verde
- Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Tangerine Soy Ginger Dressing
- Teriyaki Sauce
There are several Panera Bowls that can be made without animal ingredients. The ingredients lists are below.
- Baja Bowl - Order without feta or Greek yogurt. Ingredients: Cooked Rice Quinoa Blend (Water, Long Grain Brown Rice, White Quinoa, Red Quinoa, Sea Salt), Black Bean And Corn Salsa (Adobo Lime Black Bean & Corn Blend (Black Beans, Corn, Lime Juice, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Sea Salt, Ancho Chile Pepper, Granulated Garlic, Paprika, Granulated Onion, Black Pepper, Cumin, Gum Blend (Organic Guar Gum, Organic Locust Bean Gum), Pickled Red Onions (Red Onions, Sugar, Water, White Wine Vinegar, Distilled Vinegar, Calcium Chloride, Sea Salt), Cilantro), Avocado, Red Grape Tomatoes, Salsa Verde (Salsa Verde Blend (Canola Oil, Lime Juice, Water, Garlic, Jalapeno Peppers, Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Gum Blend [Organic Guar Gum, Organic Locust Bean Gum], Distilled Vinegar), Cilantro, Extra Virgin Olive Oil),
- Mediterranean Bowl - Order without feta or Greek Yogurt. Ingredients: Cooked Rice Quinoa Blend (Water, Long Grain Brown Rice, White Quinoa, Red Quinoa, Sea Salt), Hummus (Cooked Chickpeas (Chickpeas, Water), Tahini Paste (Sesame Seeds), Canola Oil, Garlic, Sea Salt, Citric Acid, Cumin, Xanthan Gum), Red Grape Tomatoes, Cucumber, Arugula, Lemon Tahini Dressing (Water, Sesame Paste, Soybean Oil, Lemon Juice, Cucumber Juice, White Wine Vinegar, Salt, Distilled Vinegar, Garlic, Black Pepper, Xanthan Gum, Natural Lemon Oil Flavor), Baby Pitted Kalamata Olives (Kalamata Olive, Water, Red Wine Vinegar, Sea Salt, Concentrated Grape Juice, Spices [Hops, Sage, Chamomile, Coriander, Anise, And Thyme])
- Teriyaki Chicken and Broccoli Bowl - Order without chicken. Ingredients: Cooked Rice Quinoa Blend (Water, Long Grain Brown Rice, White Quinoa, Red Quinoa, Sea Salt), Broccoli, Teriyaki Sauce (Soy Sauce [Water, Wheat, Soybean, Salt, Alcohol, Vinegar, Lactic Acid], Sugar, Apple Juice Concentrate, Water, Rice Vinegar, Garlic, Corn Starch-Modified, Sesame Oil, Ginger, Lemon Juice, Black Pepper, Red Chili Pepper, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Acetic Acid), Sesame Seeds, Cilantro
Vegan Bagels at Panera
There are several bagels that are made without dairy products. While there is not a dairy-free cream cheese, you could get avocado with your toasted bagel for a tasty breakfast.
- Sprouted Grain Bagel Flat
There are a couple other options for breakfast other than bagels.
- Steel Cut Oatmeal with Strawberries and Pecans Ingredients: Cooked Steel Cut Oats (Water, Cooked Steel Cut Oat Groats [May Contain Traces Of Wheat, Soy And Mustard], Salt), Fresh Strawberries, Oil Roasted Pecans (Pecans, Cottonseed Oil), Cinnamon Sugar Topping (Sugar, Cinnamon, Modified Corn Starch, Soybean Oil)
- Fresh Fruit Cup
Most Panera meals come with a choice of baguette, apple or potato chips. Fortunately, they are all vegan as well as a couple other plant-based sides.
- Pickle Spear (for sandwiches)
- Potato Chips
- French Baguette
Surprisingly, there are smoothies that fits in with a vegan diet. The smoothie ingredients are listed below.
- Peach and Blueberry Smoothie Ingredients: Peach Mango Base (Water, White Grape Juice Concentrate, Mango Puree Concentrate, Peach Puree Concentrate, Passionfruit Juice Concentrate, Natural Flavors), Water, Unsweetened Almond Milk (Almond Milk [Filtered Water, Almonds], Potassium Citrate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sunflower Lecithin, Sea Salt, Natural Flavors, Guar Gum, Gellan Gum), Fresh Blueberries
- Green Passion Smoothie Ingredients: Peach Mango Base (Water, White Grape Juice Concentrate, Mango Puree Concentrate, Peach Puree Concentrate, Passionfruit Juice Concentrate, Natural Flavors), Water, Spinach
There are plenty of plant-based drinks available at Panera including coffee, teas, and lemonades.
- Regular Cold Brew
- Madagascar Vanilla Almond Cold Brew
- Passion Papaya Green Tea (Iced)
- Coffee/Decaf Coffee (Hot or Iced)
- Seasonal Iced Teas - Black Tea / Sweet Black Tea
- Hot Tea Bags
- Agave Lemonade
- Strawberry Lemon Mint Flavored Energy Lemonade
- Fuji Apple Cranberry Flavored Energy Lemonade
- Mango Yuzu Citrus Flavored Energy Lemonade
My Panera Order
When I order at Panera, I tend to get the same thing. It used to include the Ten Vegetable Soup before they stopped serving it. Now I get the following Take Two:
- Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich without feta and on sourdough bread
- Greek Salad without feta
This is a great lunch!!
What happened to Panera's Ten Vegetable Soup?
I contacted Panera and asked about the Ten Vegetable Soup. I also asked whether or not there will be a new vegan soup. This is the response.
"We know goodbyes can be difficult, but the Ten Vegetable Soup has been removed from our menu. I'm so sorry for any disappointment, and I want to assure you this feedback will be shared with the appropriate teams." Definitely disappointing.
Does Panera have any vegan cream cheese?
No, Panera does not have any dairy-free cream cheese.
Are Panera's bagels vegan?
There are several vegan bagels including plain, blueberry, everything, sesame and sprouted grain.
Is the Panera baguette vegan?
The good news is that yes the Panera baguette is vegan. I love it with the my salad! Below are the ingredients:
French Baguette Ingredients: Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Enzyme [Corn], Folic Acid), Water, Salt, Dough Improver (Malted Barley Flour, Dextrose, Rye Flour, Sunflower Lecithin, Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Calcium Phosphate), Fungal Enzymes, Ascorbic Acid), Yeast (Yeast, Sorbitan Monostearate, Ascorbic Acid
Is there oat milk at Panera?
Unfortunately, Panera does not have oat milk. They do have almond milk available.
Are there any vegan desserts at Panera?
Unfortunately, no Panera does not have any vegan desserts. However, they do have a Peach and Blueberry Smoothie that's great for a sweet treat.
There are plenty of options that fit in with the vegan diet at Panera. They have some great salads (order with modifications), bagels and breads. I'm hoping their Ten Vegetable Soup returns so we also have a plant-based soup option!
Wondering what's vegan at other chain restaurants? Check out:
Leave a Reply