Creating mouthwatering stir fries at home doesn't have to be a time-consuming task with this Quick and Easy Vegan Stir Fry Sauce. With a handful of simple ingredients and 5 minutes of time, you'll have a sauce that can transform simple veggies in to a delectable meal.
While You'll Love This Recipe
- Super quick: This recipe is ready in 5 minutes.
- Meal prep: I love making this at the start of the week and then having it ready to add to dishes during busy weeknights.
- Flavorful: This sweet and savory sauce has a depth of flavor instead of being just "sweet" like many store bought stir fry sauces. It also has a light tangy flavor.
- Versatile: It's delicious on anything but I especially like it on veggies and crispy tofu. It's also easy to customize to make it sweeter or spicy.
- Dried garlic and ginger - You can definitely use fresh ginger and garlic cloves instead of dried. I just prefer to not have the chunks of ginger and garlic so I use powdered.
- Vegetable broth - Packaged or homemade
- Red pepper flakes - Add more if you want a kick but you can also leave them out if you don't want any spice.
- Corn starch - You can substitute with an equal amount of arrowroot powder.
It's simple to change up this sauce.
- Add some sesame seeds to enhance the sesame oil flavor.
- If you want it spicy, add more red pepper flakes. You can also add a little sriracha.
- If you want a sweeter sauce, add an additional tablespoon of brown sugar or add some agave syrup or pure maple syrup.
- Looking for a citrus twist? Add a little lime juice, orange or lemon juice.
This super easy recipe has only 1 step.
Place all ingredients in a mason jar with a lid and shake until well mixed. You can also whisk the ingredients in a small bowl or use a blender.
Store in the fridge for later use. When you're ready to use it, simply add the sauce to the pan with your stir fried veggies. The sauce will thicken once it's heated.
If you aren't pan frying your veggies, you can heat the sauce up separately and then pour it on top of your finished veggies.
Stir Fry Veggies
What's great about a stir fry is that pretty much any vegetable will work in the dish. But my favorites to use for a veggie stir fry are:
- Snow peas
- Bean sprouts
- Bok choy
- Bell peppers, any color
- Baby corn
- Green beans
- Water chestnuts
Store this sauce in a mason jar or other airtight container in the fridge. Use it within 5 days.
This delicious sauce is perfect on tofu, soy curls, and brown rice (or any kind of rice). It's also tasty on noodles - rice noodles and soba noodles work especially well.
The only ingredient that is not gluten-free is the soy sauce. To make this sauce gluten-free, replace the soy sauce with tamari or coconut aminos. Always check the label on any packaged food products to make sure it's gluten-free.
Did you know that rating and commenting on recipes is one of the best ways to support your favorite food bloggers? If you try the recipe, please click the star rating on the recipe card and add a comment below. Thanks!
Quick and Easy Vegan Stir Fry Sauce
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch red pepper flakes
- Place all ingredients in a mason jar with a lid and shake until well mixed. You can also whisk the ingredients in a small bowl or use a blender.
- Store in the fridge for later use. When you're ready to use it, simply add the sauce to the pan with your stir fried veggies. The sauce will thicken once it's heated.
- You can also heat the sauce separately until thickened and then pour over your finished veggies or protein.
- Mason jar optional